Monday, October 23, 2006

Neverhood Fans -- Here's a Couple From Long Ago
Seems many of the first people to stumble across this blog are migrating over from Doug TenNapel's site, so here's something for you fans of the Neverhood, our stop motion PC game.
These are the first drawings I ever did of Klaymen, from a 1995 sketchbook. Doug T had just shown me his concepts, and I started drawing to get my head around the character for the first animation tests.

These are a couple Polaroids (that's how long ago it was) I took after sculpting the original Klaymen in plasticine over his stop motion armature. The mold from this sculpt was what we used for all our Klaymen puppets over the next few years, so this was where we locked down his final look. The colors are irrelevant, since the plasticine is destroyed in the mold making process -- I just used whatever colors we had handy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean McGowan said...

Awsome! The Neverhood is the greatest game ever.

5:47 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger MikeD said...

Thanks Sean, but Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is the greatest game ever.

10:52 PM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger LDahl said...

I LOVED Neverhood!! It was memorable, great character.

10:38 AM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger a guy in a gorilla suit said...

I have to admit that the Neverhood is... as mentioned before - is really something out there.

Can you tell me who originally created the design of the neverhood ? Did Doug TenNaple came along with some sketches which you worked out or... I mean, it is something else, for sure !

And oh so very very much for this sketches. Polaroids ! Wow !!!

1:30 AM, April 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home